I am continuing with my investigation of the value proposition of a print broker. If you missed part 1, find the article here: PART 1
My goal in this section is to continue extracting the value of a well-run print broker for the companies that purchase print regularly (monthly or quarterly basis). If this sounds like you, there are a few questions you should consider before choosing how to procure your print, including:
- Do I have staff available to commit to the time involved in purchasing print efficiently?
- Does the staff have experience in purchasing print (i.e., do they know which printers will be able to provide the best cost efficiency per job)
- Does the staff have the ability to properly negotiate with the printer if challenges arise?
- If my staff did not have to manage the print jobs from start to finish, could they use the time saved to focus on other aspects of their job?
If you have answered “no” to any of these questions… keep reading…
How Can I Benefit From Using A Print Broker?
We all know time is critical when it comes to maximizing the time of our staff and efficiency is key. Printing and print buying requires experience and some of which staff may not be equipped to properly execute.
That’s when an experienced print broker may help – and even acts as an extension of your marketing team. They can serve as a consultant in the pre-planning phase of your projects and direct you to cost effectiveness from multiple stand-points such as:
• knowing the best size for different presses
• understanding the best method of print,
• choosing the best type and thickness of paper needed
• selecting the best size and weight for maximum postage savings
Consider them your virtual production house.
Additionally, an experienced broker firm can utilize their network of printing companies to place your project in the plant that it fits your needs and meets your project goals. Not to mention they can manage the project from start to finish, ensuring proper completion of the job.
If you’re looking to increase staff efficiency and get the most from your print marketing efforts, look no further than a reputable print broker with a track record of helping their clients save money over time.
Please feel free to contact me at any time to help you with your print project or to discuss how Integra Graphics Synergy can help you achieve your print and marketing goals. http://integrasynergy.com/
Kerry is a partner at Integra Graphics Synergy, Lititz, Pennsylvania. He has been a print broker for over 20 years and has been successful at leveraging the value proposition of print brokering with his years of experience to bring Integra’s clients maximized print efficiencies in quality, savings and meeting overall marketing goals.
Categories: In The Press